With the continuous development of science and technology, the application of laser is becoming more and more important in our daily life, but many people always have a question in their mind:
Will such high technology cause potential harm to the human body? Especially for large-scale equipment such as laser cutting machines, will it affect the health of users?
In this regard, many people are often afraid when using laser products, and it is even difficult to put laser products into mass production.
Fundamentally speaking, laser cutting machines generally do not cause harm to the human body.
Although the laser cutting machine will not cause any harm to the human body in essence, if it is used improperly during use, it will also cause certain harm to the human body:
1. Eye damage
When workers touch the laser cutting machine, they often like to stare at the cutting head. If they stare at the sparks from cutting for a long time, it can cause eye damage and cause a stinging sensation. During the processing of the laser cutting machine, the emitted laser can make the energy highly concentrated, and focus on the retina to form an image through the refractive medium of the eye, so that the energy density on the retina is significantly higher than the energy density on the incident cornea. The monochromaticity of the upper laser is good, and the chromatic aberration of the fundus is small, so it will cause damage to the cornea or retina.
2. Skin damage
When the laser irradiates the skin, if the energy (power) is too large, it will cause skin damage, which can be repaired by the tissue, and the function will decline, but it will not affect the overall functional structure. Prolonged skin contact may cause burns and scarring.
3. Respiratory system damage
When the laser is processing some special metal materials, the high temperature generated by the laser will combine with the gas to produce a large amount of dust, and most of these fumes contain a large amount of chemical components, and the dust will also be suspended in the air. If inhaled accidentally, it will damage the human respiratory system. cause damage.
So how should we avoid the harm caused by fiber laser cutting machine?
1. Necessary laser cutting machine protective equipment should be prepared, and protective glasses should be worn to prevent laser damage to human eyes. Others in the work area should not look directly at the laser while cutting.
2. The operator should pay attention to eat more foods rich in vitamin AC and protein, such as carrots, bean sprouts, tomatoes, lean meat, animal liver, etc., which can better protect the eyes.
3. It should be equipped with a corresponding dust removal device, and try to operate in an environment with unobstructed air, and wear a mask.
4. When arranging the cutting site, the site and walls of the working environment should be painted in dark colors to reduce radiation.
5. Do not touch the cutting part immediately after processing to avoid burns due to residual heat.
6. Since the laser beam is an invisible beam, please do not touch the light path during use, so as not to cause harm to the body.
7. There are harmful elements (ZnSe) in the focusing mirror of the laser cutting machine. Do not touch the lens frequently. After the lens is scrapped, special treatment must be carried out. Do not throw it away at will.
Contact Person: Mrs. Nica Chow