What should I pay attention to when using IPL?
1) IPL is selective for different skin tones. When more melanin is present in the skin, the IPL needs to adjust the intensity of the light to avoid focusing the beam on the skin. Today, there are some IPL devices that can automatically adjust the light intensity to match different skin pigmentation conditions, whether it is fair, olive or dark skin can have corresponding devices, so when using, especially when using high-power IPL devices understand the characteristics of the device to avoid unnecessary additional skin damage;
2) IPL hair removal is not a one-time permanent hair removal. Since only anagen hair is susceptible to light treatment, and the hair in each follicle is in a different anagen phase, multiple and long-lasting IPL treatments are required to achieve permanent hair removal;
3) Pay attention to activities that cannot be performed before treatment. Avoid skin tanning before IPL treatment and make sure there are no open wounds, broken skin, or inflamed areas on your skin that need hair removal, and also avoid intense exfoliating treatments such as microdermabrasion, which can Increased risk of inflammation and side effects after IPL hair removal;
4) Know the possible side effects of IPL treatment. A slight tingling sensation, like an "electric shock" from a rubber band snapping against your skin, and sometimes a burning smell in your head, or frizz after strong light exposure, is normal and should not be alarmed. you meet it;
5) Wear IPL goggles. Any claim that "light has no side effects" is false. Any wavelength of a certain wavelength can be harmful to the eyes, and due to the wide wavelength range of IPL (usually 200-1500nm), some targeted lasers on the contrary, goggles are not very protective against IPL, and due to each The parameters of the IPL equipment will vary and professional advice is required when equipping goggles;
6) Pay attention to skin care after using IPL. You can use aloe vera gel or a damp cotton cloth to cool the hair removal area by moistening it. Also, be sure to pay attention to sun protection, apply sunscreen when you go out (as the hair removal area can become more sensitive than usual), and also be aware of other activities that may irritate the skin, such as hot baths, using too much perfume/remove Odor, disinfecting a smelly swimming pool, or make-up;
7) Carefully read the instructions for use of the IPL product. If you choose a cosmetic institution for IPL treatment, the professional institution will definitely tell you more detailed precautions than the article written by the editor before surgery. You must follow the doctor's advice carefully; but if you choose to use it at home, the product manual recommends that you carefully read and use precautions when purchasing and using it, and ask the manufacturer carefully. After all, you can only rely on yourself at home, and not everyone has the knowledge of IPL equipment operation.
Contact Person: Mrs. Nica Chow